Terms and conditions of the Dyson limited warranty.
- 2 years for fans, purifiers, cord-free vacuum cleaner and hair-care products i.e. hair-dryer, hair-styler and hair-straightener.
What is covered
- A Dyson warranty covers the repair or replacement of your Dyson machine (at Dyson’s discretion) if it is found to be defective due to faulty materials, workmanship or function within the Warranty Period (if any part is no longer available or out of manufacture, Dyson will replace it with a functional replacement part).
- This warranty will only be valid if the machine is used in the country in which it was sold.
What is not covered
Dyson machines are engineered and constructed for continual high performance in normal domestic settings. If a Dyson machine is used in the way it's intended and it breaks down within the warranty period, it's our responsibility to repair or replace it.
There are, however, some circumstances in which a Dyson warranty doesn't cover the repair or replacement of a machine. These aren't hidden in the small print. Here's what isn't covered:
- Normal wear and tear including parts that might wear out over time (e.g. fuse, brush bar, filter, etc.).
- Accidental damage,
- Damage as a result of use not in accordance with the rating plate.
- Damage caused by not carrying out the recommended machine maintenance.
- Blockages – refer to the Dyson User manual for details on how to look for and clear blockages. If you are unsure, please contact our customer support helpline. A Dyson expert will talk you through what to do.
- Damage from external sources such as transit, weather, electrical outages or power surges.
- Failures caused by circumstances outside of Dyson’s control
- Faults caused by:
- Negligent use or care, misuse, neglect, careless operation or handling of the machine
- Use of the machine which is not in accordance with the Dyson User manual.
- Use of the machine for anything other than normal domestic household purposes in the country in which it was purchased.
- Use of parts not assembled or installed in accordance with the instructions of Dyson.
- Use of parts and accessories which are not genuine Dyson components.
- Faulty assembly or installation (except where installed by Dyson).
- Repairs or alterations carried out by parties other than Dyson or its authorised agents.
If you are in any doubt as to what is covered by your warranty, please contact Dyson.
Summary of cover
- The warranty becomes effective from the date of purchase (or the date of delivery if this is later).
- You must provide proof of (both the original and any subsequent) purchase/delivery before any work can be carried out on your Dyson machine. Without this proof, any work carried out will be chargeable. Keep your receipt or delivery note.
- All work will be carried out by Dyson or its authorised agents.
- Any parts which are replaced by Dyson will become the property of Dyson.
- The repair or replacement of your Dyson machine under warranty will not extend the period of warranty.
- The warranty provides benefits which are additional to and do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer